Thursday, January 13, 2005

Operation Fat Bastard - Ouch

OK, the irate Irish lady had a food craving last night. I was feeling charitable, and I had money on me (rare occasion, that). So I ran to the supermarket.

Now, ordinarily, this would amount to hopping in the truck, and rattling off in my jalopie to Harrris Teeter. Well, the weather was nice, and my bike lock broken. Ergo, I needed some excercise, baby.

So, I ran to the store. LITERALLY. Something new everyday, mon ami. Couldn't run back, cause she wanted beer, and that would have been messy.

Got back, and was told that I had forgotten a critical ingredient. Now had to run back. I got the item. Ran back to the house.

All good so far, right? Yep, having fun, runner's high, blah de blah...

I'm a bloody idiot sometimes, and prone to acts of sheer foolishness. So, naturally, the time had come to have an 'incident.'

I decided that I had progressed enough in my training to take the stairs 3 at a time, instead of my usual two. I don't have long legs for someone of my height, but I am, or so I have been told, 'bat shit crazy.' So I took them 3 at a time. And on the last set of 3, I felt something go loose and snap. Like an overstretched rubber band. Yeah, that was nice.

Ouch.

So, now my right knee is bugging the crap outta me. I'm downing ibuprofen like a junkie with a bottle of percocet. Dull, throbbing pain.

Upside : able to run for much longer distances without tiring. Downside : Damnit that hurts!

1 Comments:

At Tue Dec 02, 04:18:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Monica Stone and i would like to show you my personal experience with Percocet.

I am 35 years old. Have been on Percocet for 7 days now. It did help the pain but the side effects weren't worth it. I'd rather have the pain.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
nausea, very itchy, racing heart, anxiety, flashing lights(almost hallucinogenic?), weird dreams, tiredness

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Monica Stone

 

Post a Comment

<< Home